"Xfce-based Distributions" page and Gentoo Linux

Nick Schermer nickschermer at gmail.com
Sun Nov 1 11:01:22 CET 2009

2009/11/1 Jérôme Guelfucci <jeromeg at xfce.org>:
> This sounds a bit offensive Nick ;) I agree that Lunar has a special
> position because it powers our servers, but still the Gentoo guys put a lot
> of efforts to provide a nice Xfce experience so refusing to add them to the
> list like this can be insulting (I don't use gentoo at all and never did, so
> I'm just stating this based on facts).
>
> I'm about to update that page heavily and to redesign its look, some
> outdated distros will get out of the list, some might make it in. I'll
> consider adding Gentoo at that time, but please don't start a troll thread
> on distros guys!

We always had the policy distros that ship with Xfce only (on the
default install) + Lunar. Gentoo is nothing more special then a lot of
other distros, and i'm pretty sure we get a lot more feedback and bugs
from Debian and Fedora, those are not on the list too. Nothing
offensive about that, if you add all distros that ship with Xfce you
can also redirect to
http://distrowatch.com/search.php?pkg=xfce&pkgver=4.6#pkgsearch.

If you don't want to list Lunar, then put it outside the distros list,
but it really deserves some credit on the website.

Nick