FYI: 4.7 panel and plugins

Brian J. Tarricone bjt23 at cornell.edu
Wed May 27 20:02:47 CEST 2009

Jannis Pohlmann wrote:

> But Nick is not questioning the design of xfdesktop either, so IMHO
 > there should be a certain amount of trust in that Nick does his best
 > in creating a good panel that everyone will love to use.

C'mon, Jannis, that's crap.  If Nick (or anyone else) thinks I (or
anyone else) has made poor design decisions that affect the user
experience of our desktop, I *expect* you guys to bring them up on-list
or on IRC.

It has nothing to do with "trust" -- I certainly "trust" that everyone
wants to do their best with whatever module they're maintaining.  But
that doesn't mean they've come up with the best possible
implementation... or even a good one.  Perhaps I've been overly harsh
with how I've presented my questions and criticism, and for that I do
apologise, but suggesting that we aren't "allowed" to offer our opinions
and suggestions on how other parts of the desktop works is just plain
stupid.

Anyway, you win: I don't really care to participate in this discussion
anymore.

	-brian