xfce4-power-manager and battery settings

Liviu Andronic landronimirc at gmail.com
Fri Mar 20 09:08:21 CET 2009

On Fri, Mar 20, 2009 at 1:05 AM, David Mohr <squisher at xfce.org> wrote:
>> Suspend would stop "any" battery consumption, and would avoid a "hard"
>> system halt. I would regard Suspend as a "hard"-style notification
>
> Wow, I want to see that system that doesn't have any battery
> consumption in suspend mode! It would be awesome, but reality is that
> 99% of all hardware uses quite a bit of battery while being in suspend
> mode.

Perhaps the "any" I employed wasn't accurate.
Yesterday I had to suspend my laptop (on battery) and to reopen it
about half an hour later. The battery percentage hasn't moved one
unit, so I assumed that Suspend consumes much less energy than a
running system. It felt to me a good option to extend battery life,
and also to get a good notification.
Liviu

--
Do you know how to read?