xfce4-power-manager and battery settings

Liviu Andronic landronimirc at gmail.com
Fri Mar 20 00:22:13 CET 2009

2009/3/19 Yves-Alexis Perez <corsac at debian.org>:
> Basically suspend is useless (it'll run out of bat anyway). I guess that
> might be the reason.

Suspend would stop "any" battery consumption, and would avoid a "hard"
system halt. I would regard Suspend as a "hard"-style notification
that would definitely prompt user to plug it in, and would be a good
step toward avoding data-loss. Hibernate goes too far in trying to
halt battery consumption, and Shutdown seems like the "lose your data"
option.
It would probably make sense to have Suspend in the list.
Liviu

--
Do you know how to read?
http://www.alienetworks.com/srtest.cfm