some quick notes on xfce4-power-manager 0.6.4

Mike Massonnet mmassonnet at xfce.org
Tue Mar 10 18:48:13 CET 2009

Le Tue, 10 Mar 2009 18:30:54 +0100,
Ali Abdallah <aliov at xfce.org> a écrit :

> Mike Massonnet wrote:
> > What I was trying to say is that the GtkStatusIcon specifies what it
> > can be used for. And for sake of consistency, you must not try to do
> > something different, otherwise it wouldn't provide an activate and
> > popop-menu signal, but something like in GtkWidget
> > button-press-event and button-release-event.
> >

> Just for information, the current development version of gtk+
> provides button-press-event and button-release-event.

Aha, nice. This does leave room in for middle clicks! Still, question
is, what should you display on activate signal.

Jarno suggests a menu, but for how many items? only preferences... well
then you can display it directly imho. You could add several common menu
items instead, and drop the less common menu items from the right click
menu context.

As of my first use of the pm, I was disoriented that a click didn't do
anything, so I right clicked it and... well I chosen to open the
preferences dialog.

Mike