Style guide like dokument

Mike Massonnet mmassonnet at gmail.com
Mon Jun 8 22:29:55 CEST 2009

2009/6/8 Bo Lorentsen <bl at lue.dk>:
> Jannis Pohlmann wrote:
>>
>> woot, I just found it. It's less spectacular than I had it in my
>> memory ... anyway, I have attached it to this mail. If someone feels
>> like putting that into the wiki to finish/improve it, go on. I'd be
>> really happy to have a checklist as I described it for every component.
>>

> Ok, snap ... I have wikifyed it, and made a new general HIG page and added
> your check list, that is a nice start :-)

Cool, thank you for this involvement. As a quick "I got 2 minutes to
spend 2 cents", when I'm building an app I try to look at existing
apps, for instance thunar and the xfce4-settings dialogs are a good
reference. The most important thing is to get the margins right.
Afaict the default is to have a border/margin of 6 here and there.
Configuration dialogs have a heading (already said) and they use a
normal GtkFrame with a bold title and a left margin to group settings.
Roughly said, but that's it about it.

Regards
Mike