Release manager feeds

David Mohr squisher at xfce.org
Fri Jul 24 17:13:23 CEST 2009

On Fri, Jul 24, 2009 at 5:51 AM, Jannis Pohlmann<jannis at xfce.org> wrote:
>> - Don't provide a link to the directory, rather to the newly released
>> file directly
>
> I didn't want to break the 72 columns per line rule, so I've split the
> URLs up into filename and download directory. No strong feelings about
> this one.

URLs are often longer than 72 columns, and since we won't have any
spaces in them, they should work fine most of the time as far as I
know.

>> - I'm still waiting for the email announcement, but that might as well
>> be the mail servers...
>
> The release manager uses the address david at mcbf.net for sending
> announcements. If you're not subscribed to lists with this address it
> won't work. Do you want me to change the address? (Guess I'll have to
> provide a way to let people edit that ...)

Ah, yes, please. I extra subscribed to all the mailing lists with my
xfce account to get announcements to work with the goodies release
manager ;-).

> identi.ca/xfce doesn't have your release either ... doh.

That's to be expected, I didn't hit the checkbox. I wasn't sure if
goodies should get announced there as well. If so, I'd vote to enable
it by default (which it isn't right now).

~David