Release manager feeds

David Mohr squisher at xfce.org
Fri Jul 24 08:16:48 CEST 2009

Hi everyone,
I just released a new version of xfburn, and this is what moka put
into the feed:

----snip----
xfburn 0.4.2 released
07/23/2009 11:55 PM

xfburn 0.4.2 is now available for download as

  xfburn-0.4.2.tar.bz2

  SHA1 checksum: dbc1731b8c690b0b29d3567b8e1cd93646b0c7e7
   MD5 checksum: 67533208e2f487bdf6c779cfedae809d

from the following mirrors:

  http://mocha.xfce.org/archive/src/apps/xfburn/0.4
  http://www.tx-us.xfce.org/archive/src/apps/xfburn/0.4
  http://www.p0llux.be/xfce/src/apps/xfburn/0.4
  http://www.ca-us.xfce.org/archive/src/apps/xfburn/0.4

Hi everyone,
I'm pleased to announce a new xfburn release. Version 0.4.2 fixes a
number of bugs, mainly for audio CD, drag and drop, and file browser
issues. Additionally, to restore the balance of all things, some
internals were rewritten. As always, please report any bugs, and thanks
to all the translators.

Happy burning!
   David

Detailed changes:
- Internal updates in preparation for better handling of disc detection
- Handle drag and drop of filenames with spaces from thunar (closes
#4992)
- Insert dragged file dropped on top of another file instead of
crashing
  (closes #5299)
- Properly detect the available space on an audio CD (closes #5302)
- Track ownership of tracks in compositions correctly (closes #5303)
- Resample audio files with gstreamer if necessary (closes #5304)
- Show symbolic links in the file browser (closes #5430)
- Implement the "show hidden files" option (closes #5500)
---snap---

Personally I'd rather see a message like:
----snip----
xfburn 0.4.2 released
07/23/2009 11:55 PM

#4992)
- Insert dragged file dropped on top of another file instead of
crashing
  (closes #5299)
- Properly detect the available space on an audio CD (closes #5302)
- Track ownership of tracks in compositions correctly (closes #5303)
- Resample audio files with gstreamer if necessary (closes #5304)
- Show symbolic links in the file browser (closes #5430)
- Implement the "show hidden files" option (closes #5500)

xfburn 0.4.2 is now available for download as

  xfburn-0.4.2.tar.bz2

  SHA1 checksum: dbc1731b8c690b0b29d3567b8e1cd93646b0c7e7
   MD5 checksum: 67533208e2f487bdf6c779cfedae809d

from:

  http://www.xfce.org/archive/src/apps/xfburn/0.4/xfburn-0.4.2.tar.bz2
---snap---

So in particular:
- The user submitted message should go first, not the checksums
- Mirrors should not be listed individually, as they are at
announcement time most likely not in sync yet. IMHO people should
always use the www round robin (or whatever it is).
- Don't provide a link to the directory, rather to the newly released
file directly
- I'm still waiting for the email announcement, but that might as well
be the mail servers...

What do you guys think?

And great work on moka Jannis!

~David