Release manager webapp and archive reorganization

Mike Massonnet mmassonnet at gmail.com
Fri Jul 17 21:01:12 CEST 2009

Hey,

2009/7/17 Jannis Pohlmann <jannis at xfce.org>:
> Hey all,

[snip]
> Archive reorganization
> ======================
>
> With Moka being almost ready, I'd like to propose a new download
> archive layout again. Moka is very flexible with regards to this, but
> IMHO this would be the best layout decisions:
>
>  /xfce
>    4.4.0/
>      fat_tarballs/
>      src/
>      installers/
>    4.6.0/
>      fat_tarballs/
>      src/
>      installers/
>    4.6.1/
>  /src
>    xfce/
>      exo/
>        0.3/
>          exo-0.3.100.tar.bz2
>          exo-0.3.101.tar.bz2
>        0.4/
>          exo-0.4.0.tar.bz2
>      xfwm4/
>        4.6/
>          xfwm4-4.6.0.tar.bz2
>          xfwm4-4.6.1.tar.bz2
>        4.7/
>   apps/
>     terminal/
>        0.2/
>        0.3/
>    libs/
>      garcon/
>        0.1/
>        0.2/
>    panel-plugins/
>      xfce4-notes-plugin/
>        0.1/
>
> Any thoughts? If there are no objections, I'll reorganize the archive
> this way as soon as Moka is ready for production use.

A little dubious about the use of src/libs/. Garcon is, I believe, the
only lib that is xfce-free, so yeah sure but maybe it can simply live
inside src/xfce/ as it will be used by xfce applications in first
place anyway. I didn't compare with bugzilla, however as Nick said
both should simply be the same.

Mike