The Goodies projects

Mike Massonnet mmassonnet at xfce.org
Mon Jul 6 10:57:23 CEST 2009

Le dimanche 05 juillet 2009 21:49:37, Brian J. Tarricone a écrit :
> On 07/05/2009 06:00 AM, Mike Massonnet wrote:
> > On another note, I hope we can discuss the fact that Goodies do not
> > belong to the maintainers.
>
> Very much disagree.  They do indeed belong completely to the maintainers.
>
> +1 for what Diego said.  If you want to take over maintainership of a
> project or otherwise declare it orphaned or abandonware, you need to
> contact the maintainer individually and give him/her a good chance to
> respond (I'd say 3-4 weeks, with maybe a reminder email midway through).

This is the current state of getting maintainance right over a project.
Keeping it this way is OK, and the wiki page Ali mentions will very much be
encouraging.

However regarding the translations, I don't want that someone needs to take
maintainance rights as it is only about bumping the release and tagging. If it
is OK, after the wiki page is set up, I will mail each individuals of the
projects that didn't see a release for long enough, and let them know that I'm
going to make a new release for the translations in the coming 2 weeks.

Mike