The Goodies projects

Mike Massonnet mmassonnet at gmail.com
Sun Jul 5 15:00:20 CEST 2009

Hi,

Some goodies didn't see any release for over a year. Since that many
translations have been added and updated, it would be worth that some sort of
"maintainance team" had the right to push new releases for some of them.

I made up a little list[1] a while ago with active projects that are worth
translating as it is a tough job to translate them all and that this can be a
real slow down for new translators.

[1] http://i18n.xfce.org/wiki/prioritize

On another note, I hope we can discuss the fact that Goodies do not belong to
the maintainers. It's part of the Xfce project and some people should be
allowed to do maintaince tasks with the projects.

We have some projects that are indirectly orphaned that no one is maintaining
anymore. In this case some people should be allowed to fix various bugs or
take over it without having to ask for aknowlegments.

Mike