Xfce documentation note (kind of long)

Mike Massonnet mmassonnet at gmail.com
Wed Jul 1 00:44:17 CEST 2009

2009/7/1 Brian J. Tarricone <brian at tarricone.org>:
> On 2009/06/30 15:00, Mike Massonnet wrote:
>>
>> It
>> sucks less on GNOME, they have a m4 macro to help decrease the code
>> for automake scripts. Ditching xml2po would make it simpler to add
>> translations without having to run through endless configure and
>> makes.
>
> We have custom m4 macros too.  If ours needs to be improved, feel free to
> write patches for xfce4-dev-tools... or at least describe the changes (in a
> bug report) so someone else can figure out how to do it best.

Actually I was wrong by emphasing the use of the m4 macro. I have a
template with all the sub-directories and files and it is just about
copy/pasting it in a new project, just like it is about modifing the
Makefile and create the help directory for GNOME projects.

The real thing is that in GNOME they do not need to add a bunch of
help/fr/Makefile, help/fr/images/Makefile inside the autoconf script.
This is where the build system is less annoying.

But in the end we don't know what the on-coming documentation will look like.

Mike