adding _NET_WM_FULLSCREEN_MONITORS hint to xfwm4

Olivier Fourdan fourdan at gmail.com
Sun Jan 25 00:51:22 CET 2009

Hi,

On Fri, Jan 23, 2009 at 11:29 PM, Jason 'vanRijn' Kasper
<vr at movingparts.net> wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 23, 2009 at 6:26 PM, Olivier Fourdan <fourdan at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Yeah, I re-read the specs and it really doesn't sound too complicated
>> at all... I should be able to cook something before rc1.
>>
>> Thanks for the heads up!
>
> Thank you Olivier!!! =:)

Ok, it's in svn, rev. 29311. (untested).

I found a bit confusing that the list of monitors is top, bottom, left
right whereas other such as "struts" use left, right, top, bottom
instead.

Also in the implementation for metacity, I fail to understand why the
property NET_WM_FULLSCREEN_MONITORS is set only when the window is
fullscreen, it should be set any time the client message is received
and not only when the window is fullscreen, that goes a bit against
what is done for other properties. My implementation does not follow
this and do set the property when the client message is received, the
window being fullscreen or not.

Cheers,
Olivier.