Accommodation for FOSDEM

Jannis Pohlmann jannis at xfce.org
Wed Jan 7 22:45:53 CET 2009

Am Wed, 7 Jan 2009 21:22:55 +0000
schrieb "Olivier Fourdan" <fourdan at gmail.com>:

> Hey
>
> On Tue, Dec 30, 2008 at 11:26 PM, Jannis Pohlmann <jannis at xfce.org>
> wrote:
> > Hey guys,
> >
> > I'm currently planning my trip FOSDEM. When I was in the US, I
> > talked to Brian about an idea to have several of us stay in a room
> > together to save some money. I just did a quick search for double
> > hotel rooms in Brussels. Dunno if this URL will work for anyone
> > else but me, but here is a list of rooms and prices.
> >
> >  http://tinyurl.com/8wb3ll
> >
> > There's only about one month left until FOSDEM, so it's kinda
> > urgent, I guess. I suggest that we meet on IRC sometime this week
> > to make plans. How about this Friday, 20 UTC?
> >
> > What do you think?
>
> A bit late, I guess. My company is unlikely to fund my travel to
> FOSDEM (received no answer yet), so I am not sure I can make it
> (depends on the price for the train and hotel).

Oh no ... Brian won't make it either. That starts to feel like a 2nd
generation meeting without you guys (at least we still have
Jean-Fran__ois) ;)

> What's the current situation wrt hotels? Did you guys come to a
> agreement for the rooms or the hotel (cheap if possible ^_~)?

AFAIK, Stephan stays in Gent. Jens stays at Hotel La Madelaine, same as
FOSDEM '05. The rest of us stays at Hotel Du Congres at a price of
66___/person for the weekend (Friday to Sunday). I booked two twin rooms
on booking.com for Yves-Alexis, Christian, Nick and myself. I'm sure
you'll find good but cheap rooms there as well.

Cheers,
Jannis