Working with branches after 4.6

Jari Rahkonen jari.rahkonen at pp1.inet.fi
Sat Feb 21 10:45:31 CET 2009

Brian J. Tarricone kirjoitti:

> Jannis Pohlmann wrote:
>>
>> Hm. It should not be too hard, I guess one of us can do that. But I'm
>> wondering if that's necessary. Basically, we could just allow one
>> *real* user group to access all the repositories, including a few
>> translations coordinators. And they could pull from the repositories of
>> the translators and then push their changes to the repository. That's
>> the nice thing about distributed version control.
>
> -1
>
> That requires that all the translators be very familiar with git, and
> have their own publicly-accessible repositories.  That's a bit ridiculous.

My knowledge of git is superficial at best, but I would think your first
concern would be fully alleviated if you provide step by step
instructions (and/or wrapper scripts) at i18n.xfce.org, just like you do
for svn currently. This way the translators wouldn't need to actually
grok git.

And I don't think it's ridiculous to assume that many of us actually
_do_ have access to some public web space to throw our git repositories
in. For the rest there's always github, right?

- Jari