Xfce 4.6 website update and release notes (tour)

Olivier Fourdan fourdan at gmail.com
Fri Feb 20 21:24:42 CET 2009

On Fri, Feb 20, 2009 at 4:25 PM, Jérôme Guelfucci
<jerome.guelfucci at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I've been updating the testing branch of the website and mainly the "tour"
> to highlight the new features of Xfce 4.6. There is still some work to be
> done, but it's almost ready.
>
> The tour is available for review here: http://www-test.xfce.org/about/tour
>
> And the website here: http://www-test.xfce.org/
>
> Feel free to comment if you think something can or should be improved, or if
> I missed an important change.

Neat! But there is a lot more than just the termination of windows to
xfwm4 4.6. I know it's a "visual" tour so I think we could add the
following:

- New window menu layout, including additional actions (move/resize,
above/below, fullscreen)

- Improved compositor to reduce window flickering during resize operations

- More tweakable options

- New "fill" operation to expand a window to the available space
without overlapping other adjacent windows

I've uploaded the corresponding screenshots to:
  http://foo-projects.org/~olivier/screenshots/xfwm4-new-4.6/

Cheers,
Olivier.