Xfce 4.6 website update and release notes (tour)

Pascal Gervais pggervais at yahoo.ca
Fri Feb 20 18:50:14 CET 2009

<jerome.guelfucci at gmail.com> a écrit :

> De: Jérôme Guelfucci <jerome.guelfucci at gmail.com>
> Objet: Xfce 4.6 website update and release notes (tour)
> À: xfce4-dev at xfce.org
> Date: vendredi 20 Février 2009, 11 h 25
> Hello,
>
> I've been updating the testing branch of the website
> and mainly the "tour" to highlight the new
> features of Xfce 4.6. There is still some work to be done,
> but it's almost ready.
>
> The tour is available for review here:
> http://www-test.xfce.org/about/tour
>
> And the website here: http://www-test.xfce.org/
>
> Feel free to comment if you think something can or should
> be improved, or if I missed an important change.
>
> Thanks again to Jannis for the screenshots,
>
> Regards,
>
> Jérôme

Realy great!

I suggest removing xfmedia in "Xfce projects" on the homepage and give more visibility to other applications such as ristretto, midori, terminal or others.

In Xfce 4.6 tour, does the new mixer that uses gstreamer supports pulseaudio? If so, it maybe interesting to add it. And maybe a few more lines to explain how appfinder can be used when we create new launchers.

Thanks!

Pascal

-- Sorry for advertising imposed by Yahoo.

      Découvrez les styles qui font sensation sur Yahoo! Québec Avatars.
http://cf.avatars.yahoo.com/