4.6.0

Jannis Pohlmann jannis at xfce.org
Fri Feb 20 01:38:20 CET 2009

On Thu, 19 Feb 2009 22:11:11 +0100
Nick Schermer <nickschermer at gmail.com> wrote:

> Looked at Jannis' patch, made some cleanups. Works fine here.
> review++ from me.

As discussed on IRC, your modifications break the patch in at least one
situation. Anyhow, after talking to Brian I think we should not use a
boolean value for determining whether to use custom DPI or not. Instead,
we should remember the last custom DPI in /Xfce/LastCustomDPI. We can
distinguish between using custom DPI or not by checking if /Xft/DPI is
-1. If it's -1, compute a proper value, if not, just use /Xft/DPI. That
removes some of the DPI logic from xfsettingsd.

Downside is that the appearance settings dialog needs to be able
to handle a few more situations. I could explain all the changes in the
attached patch (yes, there is yet another one!) but I'm too tired. The
changes basically make sure that LastCustomDPI and DPI are always used
properly and that the widgets are in sync. When we don't use custom DPI
and there is no proper LastCustomDPI, use the same computation as in
xfsettingsd. Stuff like that.

Please give it some testing.

Cheers,
Jannis