4.6.0

Jannis Pohlmann jannis at xfce.org
Thu Feb 19 11:23:35 CET 2009

Am Thu, 19 Feb 2009 08:27:36 +0100
schrieb Nick Schermer <nickschermer at gmail.com>:

> Please drop:
> +    xfconf_g_property_bind (xsettings_channel, "/Xfce/UseCustomDPI",
> G_TYPE_BOOLEAN, custom_dpi_check, "active");
> +    xfconf_g_property_bind (xsettings_channel, "/Xfce/UseCustomDPI",
> G_TYPE_BOOLEAN, custom_dpi_spin, "sensitive");
>
> And use the toggled signal. Also do a gtk_widget_set_sensitive for the
> custom_dpi_spin. Those are property bindings and not set when the
> value in xfconf does not exist (ie. they do not behave as an exo
> binding).

You're right, synchronization is a bit broken this way. Try the
attached patch. It uses the "toggled" signal to change
the /Xfce/UseCustomDPI value. It also uses the "property-changed"
callback to update the "active" and "sensitive" properties of the
check and spin button whenever /Xfce/UseCustomDPI changes.

The XSETTINGS registry now detects when the /Xft/DPI is reset (to the
internal default value -1 which is *never* applied) and whenever it is,
it computes a new value for it. This is to make sure the user never
sees 48 when using custom DPI (unless he explicitely set that value).

It's a bit tricky to get right and there is still one occasion where
the user could see 48 even though we're using a automatically
calculated value: when the user has custom DPI enabled
and then resets /Xft/DPI while xfsettingsd is not running. But that's
something that should never happen anyway.

So, please give it a try.

Cheers,
Jannis