4.6.0

Jannis Pohlmann jannis at xfce.org
Wed Feb 18 18:58:57 CET 2009

Am Wed, 18 Feb 2009 18:54:48 +0100
schrieb Stephan Arts <stephan at xfce.org>:

> On Wed, Feb 18, 2009 at 6:34 PM, Olivier Fourdan <fourdan at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > On Wed, Feb 18, 2009 at 1:56 PM, Nick Schermer
> > <nickschermer at gmail.com> wrote:

> >> IMHO i think we should show the DPI we send to x in the insensitive
> >> spin button (that's what my reverted patch did). Storing the user
> >> dpi is not really needed IMHO as long as we don't show crap like
> >> -1 or 0.
> >
> > I agree, we either remember the previous value (ie add another
> > boolean setting instead of using -1 for disabled) or we just apply
> > my original patch.
>
> Agreed, lets just commit your patch and be done with it.

Olivier, your patch doesn't remove Nick's autodetection code in
xfce4-appearance-settings.

Anyway, I'm still all for remembering the old custom value because
that's what the user expects. I would cook up a patch but I'm not sure
where to put that boolean value since the whole xsettings channel
(naturally) only contains XSETTINGS properties.

  - Jannis