4.6.0

Yves-Alexis Perez corsac at debian.org
Wed Feb 18 09:07:09 CET 2009

On mar, 2009-02-17 at 21:00 +0000, Olivier Fourdan wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 17, 2009 at 2:19 PM, Jannis Pohlmann <jannis at xfce.org>
> wrote:
> > Here's the patch again, this time without debug output.
>
> Okay, then do all parties agree on committing this then?
>
> I do not believe that computing the DPI per monitor is a practical
> approach, I am not aware of a way to retrieve the actual monitor size
> (only the screen size is available, maybe with RandR?)

Sorry for not replying sooner. I've tried this, and disabling the
“forced DPI” (which is at 125 here) with the patched xfce4-settings
works pretty fine, the fonts were just ok. But the value in the (now
greyed) box was set to 48, which seems weird. I guess it should be the
value passed to Xsettings (so either the xorg-queried one, or 96) so
when one activates the “Custom DPI settings” checkbox there's no huge
gap in font size.

Many thanks anyway !

Yves-Alexis