4.6.0

Yves-Alexis Perez corsac at debian.org
Wed Feb 18 07:30:43 CET 2009

On mar, 2009-02-17 at 22:32 +0100, Jelle de Jong wrote:
> I can only say for myself that I find it very hard for maintainability
> to use a desktop depended tools like xfconf to configure such
> important settings.

It's not really a *configuration* stuff. The configuration should be in
xorg.conf. (did I already said that?). Just set the DisplaySize and
*tada* the DPI will be calculated correctly for your resolution.

Now if you can't do that because an user is not root, having a way to
override that is nice. Or if you really want to mess with that. But
basically, with the “xorg query” in xsettings stuff, nobody should have
to tune this in xfconf.

Yves-Alexis