Xfce4 C++ bindings

Bo Lorentsen bl at lue.dk
Mon Feb 16 17:13:49 CET 2009

Jens Luedicke wrote:
> My motivation to chose Glibmm/Gtkmm over XFC was that those two
> libraries are maintained and have a wider audience.

That's a know and understandable argument :-)

I agree, that why I wrote this mail :-)
> I had a short look at the XFC source before I started with the new
> set of bindings and I was a little surprised that it didn't
> contain any code for Xfce.

No, my focus has been on Gtk printing, and then xfce4 code. Panel and
config, would be the fist things to go for now that 4.6 is released.
> When XFC was added to Xfce, I didn't have much to do
> with C++ programming. So it never really got my focus
> of attention.

I am sorry to here, it is a rather nice framework, with some really neat
features.
> Right now my goal is to have C++ bindings for the Xfce
> core libraries.

Ok, hope it will be inspirational for the coming XFC code :-)

/BL