4.6 documentation

Nick Schermer nickschermer at gmail.com
Sat Feb 14 11:14:57 CET 2009

2009/2/13 Brian J. Tarricone <bjt23 at cornell.edu>:
> Nick Schermer wrote:
>
>> ... and we generate docbooks from the wiki contents
>
> How does that work, exactly?  Is there a way to automate this?  Not saying a
> cronjob should do it automatically, but I don't see this as being workable
> unless I can do something like type "./fetch-my-docs" from the command line
> and have it do all the work for me.

The code is written in php, so it will generates the docbook stuff 'on
the fly'. I think an way to download a tarball with all the docbooks
(of a section, like xfdesktop in your case) and images (translated and
C) is the easiest way. You only have the extract the pages in your
local svn repo and commit the new stuff.

If you have a complete tarball with the manual directory structure and
files it is easy to update the repo and I assume we only do this once
in a while...

Nick