4.6 documentation

Jim Campbell jwcampbell at ubuntu.com
Fri Feb 13 02:18:18 CET 2009

Hi All,

I hear that Jannis was able to at least briefly mention or discuss 4.6 user
documentation with a few of you at FOSDEM, so I wanted to at least get the
ball rolling and discuss any ideas or plans to update the documentation for
the features in Xfce 4.6.

I think that some of the documentation has been kept up-to-date by the
individual developers, but I'm sure other docs are sorely lacking.  With
that in mind, I was thinking that individuals who have written or maintained
a certain set of docs could file a bug in bugzilla to indicate that their
docs were out of date, and provide the svn path to their current documents.
That would at least help people to know where to get started.

Also, I think I can help out some, but are there other folks around who
would be available to help out some, too?

Jannis had discussed an xfce-doc mailing list or #xfce-doc IRC channel
(Sorry, Jannis, I don't recall which...).  Not sure if that would help.  I'm
willing to help out some, though, so wanted to step forward and see if we
can get things moving.

Thanks, all,

Jim
jwcampbell at ubuntu.com