Fw: Re: trying out xfce 4.6 RC1?

Oliver Lehmann lehmann at ans-netz.de
Thu Feb 5 20:46:25 CET 2009

Hi,

anyone an idea how to debug this or what could have caused this?

Begin forwarded message:

Date: Thu, 5 Feb 2009 10:14:25 +0100
From: Rene Ladan <rene at freebsd.org>
To: Oliver Lehmann <lehmann at ans-netz.de>
Cc: ports at freebsd.org
Subject: Re: trying out xfce 4.6 RC1?

2009/2/4 Oliver Lehmann <lehmann at ans-netz.de>:
> Rene Ladan wrote:
>
>> I get an error when starting up xfce4. I think the problem is that
>> /usr/local/libexec/xfconfd is not run correctly.
>
> what is the errormessage you are getting?

I get a message box when starting XFCE4:

"Unable to load a failsafe session"

"Unable to determine failsafe session name. Possible causes:
xfconfd isn't running (D-Bus setup problem); environment
variable $XDG_CONFIG_DIRS is set incorrectly (must include "/
usr/local/etc"), or xfce4-session is installed incorrectly."

There is only one button on the dialog box, "Exit" (with the leave-door
icon).

dbus and hald are running, I did setenv XDG_CONFIG_DIRS /usr/local/etc
before running startxfce4.  xfce4-session is installed.  There are messages
that xfconfd exited with signal 11 in /var/log/messages.

Rene
--
http://www.rene-ladan.nl/

--