Visibility / accessibility of the appfinder

David Mohr squisher at xfce.org
Wed Feb 4 23:47:01 CET 2009

Hi everyone,
today's post to the xfce list made me think that the question often
comes up about how to add applications to launchers. Maybe it would be
a good way to make the appfinder more prominently visible in the
default installation. I guess I'm thinking of a default entry on the
panel, or maybe in the xfce menu.

I think this would help a lot of novice users. If it was on the panel,
then people who don't use it could very easily remove it (in
difference to the menu). What do you guys think?

~David