libxfce4util needs 'make update-po'

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at uvena.de
Sun Feb 1 15:22:18 CET 2009

On Sun, 1 Feb 2009 11:46:39 +0100, Nick Schermer
<nickschermer at gmail.com> wrote:

>2009/1/31 Enrico Tröger <enrico.troeger at uvena.de>:
>>>while updating the translations for xfce-utils, I noticed the latest
>>>changes to the licence strings were not merged into the .po files, so
>>>translators maybe translate the old ones.
>
>I've update the libxfce4util po files a week ago and the license
>changes were merged:
>http://svn.xfce.org/index.cgi/xfce/libxfce4util/trunk/po/libxfce4util.pot?r1=28180&r2=29305

The subject should have said 'xfce-utils', sorry it was just a typo.

>> OTOH, the current state of the xfce-utils
>> translation files is also wrong:
>>
>> The code has:
>>
>> xfce_err (_("Unable to load %s."), authors_filename);
>
>Actually, the code is: xfce_err ("%s%s", _("Unable to load "),
>authors_filename);

Oops, I should have checked better. In December, I sent a mail[1] along
with other changes with a patch to fix this *before* the string freeze
happens. You committed parts of my suggestion but not this one.
Unfortunately, I didn't revert my local changes and so I assumed you
committed this as well.

Too bad it's too late now.

[1]
http://foo-projects.org/pipermail/xfce4-dev/2008-December/025742.html