Mousepad?

Nick Schermer nickschermer at gmail.com
Fri Dec 18 09:18:32 CET 2009

2009/12/17 Erik Harrison <erikharrison at gmail.com>:
> I'm curious, what's the status of the rewrite of Mousepad that Nick
> was working on? Last I recall it only had text encoding issues that
> remained to be resolved - encoding issues, it should be noted, my
> Mousepad also had. Seems like it would be a significant improvement
> over the current state of things to get it ready to roll out.  An
> alternative would be to at least change the copyright string in the
> existing Mousepad, so that users would be redirected to a more
> responsive venue, rather than my email address.

I can change the copyright string so people go to bugzilla, that will
at least quiet things down for you. Regarding my rewrite, it's still
on the TODO list and now we depend on GIO a lot of things can be fixed
quite easily, however the amount of developers working on the Xfce
core is already (extremely?) low, so I'd rather focus on that until
4.8 is released (still have a panel to get into shape). But you never
know, maybe I'm done with other stuff and fixup some Mousepad issues
and do a development release. Who knows, but it's definitely not dead
yet.

Nick