Mousepad?

Erik Harrison erikharrison at gmail.com
Thu Dec 17 21:41:55 CET 2009

*Taps microphone* Is this thing on?

While I technically still have a mailing list membership, I don't
really keep up with Xfce development anymore, which is a shame, but
time being what it is it seemed more reasonable to stop lying to
myself about what I could and not commit to.

(For those of you who have no idea who I am, I did some usability work
on Xfce back in the day, and my first C project was a patch to a text
editor which turned into Mousepad. Hi!)

Oddly enough, the number of messages coming into my personal inbox
regarding Mousepad have increased considerably in the last couple of
months. While I'm happy to field them, most of them are referring to
bugs in the version of Leafpad I originally forked from. I keep
telling myself I'll bust out the source and knock out the bugs, but
since that would mean discovering them in what is effectively someone
else code, this never happens.

I'm curious, what's the status of the rewrite of Mousepad that Nick
was working on? Last I recall it only had text encoding issues that
remained to be resolved - encoding issues, it should be noted, my
Mousepad also had. Seems like it would be a significant improvement
over the current state of things to get it ready to roll out.  An
alternative would be to at least change the copyright string in the
existing Mousepad, so that users would be redirected to a more
responsive venue, rather than my email address.

Thoughts?

--
Erik
http://overlynegative.com - Social networking for people who hate the