Xfce 4.8 entering development phase

Jannis Pohlmann jannis at xfce.org
Mon Aug 31 14:23:16 CEST 2009

Hey guys,

this is just a small notification that the planning phase is now over
and we've officially entered the development phase today.

I've taken the liberty to add sphinx and tumbler to the dependencies
list on http://wiki.xfce.org/releng/4.8/schedule (as "left open" though
because neither does xfce4-docs exist at this point, nor has tumbler
seen a release; same goes for garcon which will soon be released
though). Hope everybody is ok with this.

I'll wait until September 13th to send a big announcement with the
schedule, release team and planned features (none of them guaranteed of
course) out to people. So it's still time to update the plans for
xfce4-session, xfconf and xfwm4 on these pages:

  http://wiki.xfce.org/releng/4.8/roadmap/xfce4-session
  http://wiki.xfce.org/releng/4.8/roadmap/xfconf
  http://wiki.xfce.org/releng/4.8/roadmap/xfwm4

(Note that you can also add features that have already been implemented
after 4.6. I'm saying this because I remember that Brian added a
caching feature to xfconf.)

  - Jannis