po-doc/ and LINGUAS

Brian J. Tarricone brian at tarricone.org
Fri Aug 21 09:33:55 CEST 2009

On 08/20/2009 09:01 PM, Jannis Pohlmann wrote:

> I noticed the po-doc/ folder of Thunar has a Makefile.am written by
> Daichi in 2006. I guess other components with po-doc/ have this too. It
> contains the following line twice:
>
>   langs=`sed -e '/^#/d' $(srcdir)/LINGUAS`; \
>
> How do we want to treat those? Use @LINGUAS@ and make xdt-autogen
> replace it with available languages? Or just copy the regular
> expression used in xdt-autogen into these makefiles?

Hmm, not sure.  Maybe punt that for now until we figure out what we're
doing with the docs?

I think putting it in xdt-autogen is probably fine.  We could do
something like:

if test -d po-doc; then
  doc_linguas=`(cd po-doc && ls *.po 2>/dev/null | \
    awk 'BEGIN { FS="."; ORS=" " } { print $1 }'`
fi

... and then include s/@DOC_LINGUAS@/$doc_linguas/g in the substitution.

The only slightly annoying bit is you'd need something like the
following in configure.ac.in:

DOC_LINGUAS=@DOC_LINGUAS@
AC_SUBST([DOC_LINGUAS])

... and then you can use @DOC_LINGUAS@ or $(DOC_LINGUAS) in Makefile.am.

If you guys think that's a good idea, I'd be happy to put that in.

	-brian