Xfce 4.8 entering planning phase

Thu Aug 20 13:48:07 CEST 2009

On Thu, Aug 20, 2009 at 1:41 PM, Jannis Pohlmann <jannis at xfce.org> wrote:

> On Thu, 20 Aug 2009 10:11:48 +0200
> Ali Abdallah <aliov at xfce.org> wrote:
>
> > Jannis Pohlmann wrote:
> > >
> > > Any suggestions at all? Volunteers? This not a big job, it won't
> > > suck up your time.
> > I can help on this task if needed, i didn't send a mail at the
> > beginning cause i felt like a lot of people will
> > be fighting for this job/position :) seems not the case or probably
> > everybody thought the same?
>
> I'm not so sure about that actually. ;)
>
> Anyway, I've removed the "make sure API docs are up to date" task from
> the release manager and moved it to the individual maintainers. So now
> the Release Assistant job is to 1) help updating the website(s) and 2)
> help the release manager with his tasks.
>
> That shouldn't be too much work.
>
> Thanks for volunteering, Ali. I've added you to the table on
> http://wiki.xfce.org/releng/4.8/schedule#release_team (I'm taking
> the silence as a yes with regards to me and Stephan now)
>
> We'll need one or two more persons. I'm especially concerned about the
> website. Anyone stepping up to make sure news announcements land there
> and that we have a nice 4.8 tour again?

I'd volunteer but I really can't commit myself. I do the Xubuntu website as
well and it has happened (with the last release, and considering how Xubuntu
has a fixed schedule I could even have seen that coming) that I took far too
long to update it due to busy schedules. So, I'd say, if nobody picks this
up I could look into it, but it'd be very much preferred for someone else to
step up as I'll most likely be very busy.

--
Vincent