[Planning-4.8][dependencies] Gtk+ and Glib

Ali Abdallah aliov at xfce.org
Tue Aug 18 09:31:49 CEST 2009

Brian J. Tarricone wrote:

> The question here is what subset of full GtkBuilder support do we
> want/need.  If I'm not mistaken, GtkBuilder in 2.12 didn't support
> things like generating menus.  Even if my specific example is incorrect,
> there are certainly things in GtkBuilder-land that didn't come along
> until 2.14 or 2.16.  Someone should check up on this.

Menu bar and popup menus are only supported with GtkBuilder 2.16 and
above, there is another one
that i don't remember which i faced recently while trying to force my
glade project to be using 2.14.

Anyway, my opinion is Gtk+ and Glib 2.16, from now until 4.8 is ready,
Gtk+ 2.20 will be already out,
that way depending on Gtk+ 2.16 is not forcing users to be using the
latest stable Gtk version.

Cheers,
Ali.