Xfce documentation licensing

Brian J. Tarricone brian at tarricone.org
Tue Aug 18 08:42:38 CEST 2009

On 08/17/2009 05:23 PM, Jim Campbell wrote:

> I did want to bring up an issue relating to licensing of
> documentation, though.  If I understand correctly, up to this point
> the Xfce system docs have been licensed under the GPLv2 (or later).
> With the upcoming revamp of the documentation, I wanted to see if the
> group would consider licensing any newly-written documentation under
> the CC-By-SA v3.0 unported [0] license.

Personally I'm fine with it for anything I've written, but remember that
this isn't a "group" decision.  The Right Thing[tm] to do here is to
look at the authorship information for each module's documentation and
contact all of those authors individually.  You can't relicense the docs
for a particular module until all its authors agree, unless you want to
rewrite substantial portions of it from scratch.

	-brian