Release cycle

Brian J. Tarricone brian at tarricone.org
Fri Aug 14 03:29:49 CEST 2009

On 08/13/2009 05:11 PM, Jannis Pohlmann wrote:
> Hello everybody,
>
> I know we're not quite there yet infrastructure-wise (Transifex setup
> not completed), but I think this might be a good point to talk about our
> next release cycle.

Yay!

> In case we agree on this, I propose to kick off the release cycle
> starting with the planning phase next week or the week after that.

Sounds good to me.

> As this would be the first time this concept is tested, there will be
> issues. I'd therefore like to propose that Stephan and I take over the
> roles of the QA Official and Release Manager for this cycle.
> Proposing myself might seem selfish, but it's not.

Anyone who's been release manager for a software project of non-trivial
size should know that volunteering to be release manager is a selfless,
not selfish, act ^_~.

> Ok, guys, please let me know what you think. If we all agree that we
> want to adopt this concept, we can start next week.

Yeah, let's do it!  It's something to try at least.  I'm sure we'll hit
problems and decide to modify the process for the next release cycle,
but that's fine.  Gotta start somewhere.

	-b