Mousepad status

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at uvena.de
Tue Sep 30 22:51:53 CEST 2008

On Tue, 30 Sep 2008 17:56:53 +0200, "Nick Schermer"
<nickschermer at gmail.com> wrote:

> 2008/9/29 Jannis Pohlmann <jannis at xfce.org>:
> > Hey Nick and Erik,
> >
> > I'd like to know what the status of Mousepad is? Which version are
> > we going to ship with the beta? IMHO it would be a pity not to ship
> > it at all because it was there in 4.4 and should not be missing in
> > 4.6. Remember, the first beta (October 12th) is feature freeze time
> > and all components for the release have to be in there.
>
> Well there is one problem that prevents me from moving it to trunk:
> decent encoding support. Atm in my nick_0_3 branch encoding is a
> mess, my local version is better, but still with some loose ends.

Nick, what about disabling the new encoding support in your branch with
some ifdef's or with a command-line option and then ship it with 4.6,
this way people miss 'only' the new encoding support but can enjoy the
other great and new improvements from your branch.

Just my 2cents.

Regards,
Enrico