Stable, maintained goodies for the 4.6 installer

Jannis Pohlmann jannis at xfce.org
Sun Sep 21 00:19:58 CEST 2008

Am Sat, 20 Sep 2008 12:47:08 -0700
schrieb "Brian J. Tarricone" <bjt23 at cornell.edu>:

> On Sat, 20 Sep 2008 15:19:05 +0200 Jannis Pohlmann wrote:
>
> > Hey,
> >
> > I'd like to have graphical installers for Xfce 4.6 again, at least
> > for the release candidates and the final release. If I remember
> > correctly, we had three installers last time: one for Xfce, one for
> > Thunar and one for the goodies.
>
> Is there a point to having a separate Thunar installer?  Seems like
> Thunar is more or less required (even tho it's technically optional)
> for a lot of Xfce's useful functionality right now (well, ok, that may
> just be xfdesktop, but... yeah).

No, probably not. I guess it should be included in the main installer
because xfdesktop and others (I'm planning on adding monitoring support
to xfce4-appfinder before the beta) make extensive use of thunar-vfs and
libexo. We *could* ship a separate Thunar installer for people who want
Thunar but not Xfce though.

> > Since most goodies developers should have an account for the goodies
> > website, I've created a page where you can add your project:
> >
> >   http://goodies.xfce.org/installer_for_46
> >
> > Everyone with an account should have read/write permissions for that
> > page. But please only add your own goodies. I've set a deadline for
> > goodies to be accepted: November 23rd, 2008. This is the date when
> > the third Beta is supposed to be released.
>
> If you could send a reminder a week or 2 before that, that would be
> great.  I'm likely to forget in the next 5 minutes, but I don't have
> time to do this now!

I'm planning to send reminders to the lists with every beta release ;)

  - Jannis