Xarchiver 0.5.0rc1 released

Giuseppe Torelli colossus73 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 29 16:03:22 CET 2008

> ...of course that doesn't mean the bug is not present for other users. It
> might be difficult to solve the bug this way, however, it still means
> Cristoph can't package it.

How can a development version be packaged? I disagree on this. An app
should be packaged and made
avalaible in the distro repositories only when stable. I made out the
rc1 just for fixing the eventual bugs
that could come out not for packaging it. Those who want to test can
download the sources from the sf page
and submit gdb backtraces from the sources directory and not from the
executable packaged because this
way all the debug info are stripped with the strip command and they
are COMPLETELY useless.

Thank you,
--
Colossus