Xarchiver 0.5.0rc1 released

Giuseppe Torelli colossus73 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 29 15:59:12 CET 2008

On Wed, Oct 29, 2008 at 3:47 PM, Christian Dywan <christian at twotoasts.de> wrote:

> Incidentally XArchiver is also unstable on my system, ie. it either
> crashes or just does nothing at all depending on what I do. I don't
> have the time for debugging, so I'm using my console. I'm sure
> Chirstoph and maybe others will gladly try to help you there.

It's completely unuseful you write the above without submitting any
info to reproduce the crash. Please either report useful information
or don't write " XArchiver is also unstable on my system" thank you.

> Please try to remain on an objective level. Clearly "developed" is an
> ambiguous term. If features are being added to XArchiver for me this
> means it is in an unstable phase of development, regardless of
> potential new bugs or regressions. If you stop adding features or
> concentrate on not doing major changes, that's stabilizing, and that's
> where everybody should be testing if the functionality is there and
> look for, debug and fix problems.

Infact that's what I did when releasing the 0.5.0rc1.

> And in fact, I don't think
> contriubtions can only come in code form, I personally am glad to have
> an awesome little cummunity of people who test, report, email, address
> me on IRC, or even talk to me on a conference. I can't imagine Cristoph
> intended to do harm by raising major problems he experienced.

I agree with you, I appreciate testing, reporting and whatever.

Bye,
Giuseppe
--
Colossus