Xarchiver 0.5.0rc1 released

Brian J. Tarricone bjt23 at cornell.edu
Sun Oct 26 22:36:34 CET 2008

On Sun, 26 Oct 2008 22:29:58 +0100 Christoph Wickert wrote:

> Am Mittwoch, den 22.10.2008, 11:28 +0200 schrieb Giuseppe Torelli:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I just released the release candidate of 0.5.0.
>
> Xarchiver looks nice now, but the donators menu really sucks (sorry to
> say that). I suggest you rename this menuitem to "Contribute" and
> place it under "Help". IMO Help -> Contribute is much more intuitive.
> What do you think?

Assuming it pops up a dialog that lists people who have contributed to
Xarchiver development, you'd want it to be "Contributors", actually.

If it's a menu item that directs people in *how* to contribute,
however, then yes, "Contribute" is correct.

If the menu item is actually soliciting monetary donations, then, IMO,
"Donate" is indeed appropriate.

Haven't looked at the RC myself, so I don't know what it actually
does...

(Regardless, I'd agree that the Help menu is probably the best place
for a menu item like this.)

	-brian