Request for xfce4-settings

Jelle de Jong jelledejong at powercraft.nl
Fri Oct 24 17:52:59 CEST 2008

Fabian Nowak wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> as some of you might have noticed, I developed rather strong interest in
> a comfortable, convenient and well-working settings manager  and
> settings dialogs.
>
> The current settings-manager window became quite big, as people refused
> to introduce these hpane(d?)s. Never mind, now the settings manager is
> rather big. How about retrieving and saving the window geometry when
> closing the application and restoring it next time to that size? That
> would make everyone feel comfortable with the new settings manager:
> those people with minimal displays, maximum font sizes, lots of entries,
> few entries inside, ...
>
> Thanks for consideration
>
> Fabian

I am going to second this request to remember the window size of
applications. I have tried devilspie for quite some time but it was not
fitting my needs, and usability sucks for something that a user would
expect to be normal behavior. I also switch with the same machine
between different resolutions and screens. So just remembering the last
known window size will not be sufficient, some minimal and maximal are
nice. I would first request the most basic support of remembering if an
screen was maximized or not this will catch 90% of my annoyances.

Thank in advance,

Jelle