xfce 4.6 background color/image

Anders F Björklund afb at algonet.se
Sat Oct 4 17:18:00 CEST 2008

Grant McWilliams wrote:

>> But I'd rather have the desktop be "blue" than "black", either way.
>> That is, the Pigeon Blue (#3b5b89) that I now associate with Xfce ?
>
> I know it's just my opinion but that color is very muddy and
> depressing. It's like someone was going for a nice clean blue but
> still had a bit of
> black on their paint stirrer. It feels tired.
>
> If we kick up the S and V a bit it looks less wilted. 365e99

Sure, works for me... Added one of the alpha images to it:
http://www.algonet.se/~afb/xfce/xfce-alpha-desktop-new.jpg

Maybe it does feel a bit happier than the old one did... :-)
http://www.algonet.se/~afb/xfce/xfce-freebsd-desktop.jpg

But I guess most Linux distributions will put their own
spin on the Xfce logo and the desktop background anyway,
so there's not too many looking at the default settings.
And the trend seems to be to make it look like GNOME...

I guess if I did that, it would end up looking more like:
http://www.dreamlinux.com.br/ (...for MacPorts, that is)

--anders