Xfce 4.6 Beta 2 on FreeBSD

Brian J. Tarricone bjt23 at cornell.edu
Thu Nov 20 20:51:53 CET 2008

Oliver Lehmann wrote:
> Brian J. Tarricone wrote:
>
>> We don't support PolicyKit... if it requires some special handling on
>> our part, then there's no way to make this work without removing it.
>
> Sorry Brian, my english might be not that good - I just don't understand
> what you are trying to tell me. Without removing what? Can you be a bit
> more verbose please?

No Xfce components are aware of PolicyKit or support it in any way.  If
a GUI app that handles shutdown is *required* to directly interact with
PK to make shutdown work, then there is no way to make it work with Xfce
without removing PK.

(But I think you've already managed to make this work, so I guess the
point is moot.)

	-brian