xfce4-mixer has no session handler

jp.guillemin jp.guillemin at free.fr
Fri Nov 14 02:01:09 CET 2008

Brian J. Tarricone wrote:
> jp.guillemin wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> The xfce4-mixer window has no session support. I mean : if you launch it
>> several times (ie : by double clicking on the mixer panel applet) you
>> get 2 or more instances of the mixer simultaneously.
>>
>> Obviously an application that has no reason to be loaded more than once
>> should have session support to detect that an instance is already
>> running and ignore repetitive launches.
>>

> This has nothing to do with session support
You are of course free to call this feature with your own words. I call
this kind of feature "session support". What's important is that you
understood what I meant :)

> , and... why does it matter?

It's not a "must have", but it would be cleaner.

>   Maybe sometimes you do want another instance of it, or maybe you just
> don't care either way.

Some people care, some other don't ... most GUI features can be dropped
if you only keep important ones...