GTK theme not set at startup

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at uvena.de
Sat Nov 8 20:25:25 CET 2008

On Sat, 8 Nov 2008 20:04:25 +0100, Mike Massonnet
<mmassonnet at gmail.com> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I got it.
>
>xfconf_backend_perchannel_xml_load_channel() is playing fool with what
>are system dirs and user dirs.
>
>User dirs contain writable files by the user, and system dirs contain
>only readable files.  Of course that won't work here since I can write
>inside /usr/local.

And I can write in /home/enrico/apps/xfce-svn/...
(which is the prefix where I installed Xfce)

Good catch, Mike.
It's indeed a little ugly how xfconf tries to determine what are system
and user dirs.

@Brian: a little suggestion: instead of checking write permissions of
those dirs, compare the potential system dir with the compile time
PREFIX from autotools.

Regards,
Enrico