Xfconf troubles

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at uvena.de
Thu Jul 10 14:19:25 CEST 2008

On Thu, 10 Jul 2008 13:49:06 +0200, samuel
<samuel.verstraete at gmail.com> wrote:

> complaining about stability or lacking features of software you pulled
> from a development repository.... what did you expect??? what should
> we do? develop in a closed repository and only release what actually
> works? none of the issues you described sound critical or
> interesting... and will (most likely) be fixed once a release is
> due...

Weird kind of response to feedback of new software...I thought it might
help to tell the devs about my problems just in case it might help to
kill bugs in an early stage, helping to get 4.6 out without other too
big delays...maybe I was wrong...

Hmm, maybe my first post was a bit too emotional, that was probably
because I was just a little bit disappointed of ending up with
something totally unexpected.
Anyway, of course I know all the stuff is just experimental, not yet
well tested and still in development.
It was by no means meant as a complain. It should be feedback to help
the developers...so, we(users) should not test new software and give
feedback? Should we wait for releases and then file bug reports against
a 'stable' software?

Regards,
Enrico