Help for compiling Xarchiver svn on freeBSD

Giuseppe Torelli colossus73 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 7 21:48:47 CEST 2008

On Mon, Jul 7, 2008 at 7:52 PM, Landry Breuil <landry.breuil at gmail.com> wrote:
> - using tango icon theme, i get broken icons for add and extract files
> - in preferences, no icon for the 'archive' item

Mmm, strange. I will install the svn code to check if I get the same behaviour.

> - selecting open or extract in file context menu does nothing, even is
> text editor is set to mousepad.

Yeah,it's not yet implemented ;)

> - it's possible to create a new archive, but adding files seems to do
> nothing, and no archive is really created.

This is because of the different switches for gtar. Could you please tell
me which switches are involved to create a tar archive? On Linux I do this:

tar -cvvjf /media/sdb10/xa_archives/test.tar.bz2 pixmaps

and the whole pixmaps dir is "tarred" into the archive.

> - when extracting an archive, it's impossible to edit the target path,

Yeah, normal behaviour. i don't know if I will implement this.

> - i should do a port of xdg-utils to try the corresponding functionality.
> Other than that, my basic testing showed no breakage.

Thank you Landry.
--
Colossus
Xarchiver, a Linux GTK+2 only archive manager - http://xarchiver.xfce.org