Help for compiling Xarchiver svn on freeBSD

Landry Breuil landry.breuil at gmail.com
Mon Jul 7 19:52:07 CEST 2008

On Mon, Jul 7, 2008 at 5:45 PM, Giuseppe Torelli <colossus73 at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 7, 2008 at 5:03 PM, Giuseppe Torelli <colossus73 at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Sure. Thank you for your detailed backtrace. I will send you a patch.
>
> Please can you update to the current revision and try again to open a
> tar.gz archive?

Builds and works fine, either for bz2 or tar.gz archive. I can browse
the files, cool :)
Some notes:
- using tango icon theme, i get broken icons for add and extract files
- in preferences, no icon for the 'archive' item
- selecting open or extract in file context menu does nothing, even is
text editor is set to mousepad.
- it's possible to create a new archive, but adding files seems to do
nothing, and no archive is really created.
- when extracting an archive, it's impossible to edit the target path,
system beeps when i try to type smth. Selecting a path in the tree
works though, and the files are extracted.
- i should do a port of xdg-utils to try the corresponding functionality.
Other than that, my basic testing showed no breakage.

Thanks,
Landry