libxfce4menu : no comment

Jannis Pohlmann jannis at xfce.org
Wed Jan 2 17:59:24 CET 2008

Hey,

Am Mon, 31 Dec 2007 09:51:55 +0100
schrieb "Jasper Huijsmans" <jasper at xfce.org>:

> Hey Jannis,
>
> I was playing a bit with libxfce4menu and I noticed XfceMenuItem does
> not support the 'Comment' field. Was it left out on purpose?
>
> I'm writing a new appfinder using libxfce4menu and I'd like to show
> the comment field. Also for regular menus I can imagine it could be
> useful, as a tooltip for instance.

Yeah, you're right. I guess I left it out to only parse the most
essential values and leave the rest to the applications which make use
of libxfce4menu. But considering how fast parsing a complete menu seems
to be right now, I don't think this is necessary. I've added
xfce_menu_item_get_comment() in revision 26525.

  - Jannis